Sunday 10 March 2013

Seamless (Chap. 2)

Chapter 2

A mystery solved..and one started

As Lacy walked through the door she asked,".Where were you?" Um, in the Auditorium talking to Mr.Khan?" I lied "Ok, did you tell him about me?" Sorry Lacy,I lied again " I completely forgot, I was very caught up in my set." Its alright." As Lacy auditioned to Mr.Khan, I remember when I first moved here and Veronica knowing my secret.. It was when I first moved here, in September, It was in the night and I was about to Transform in to a bat and fly with Daliah.. And Veronica was out to dinner with her family to "Olive Garden" and she saw us transform in to human mode from Bat mode and she said to her family that she had dropped something and then came to meet us and she was like "Alissa, what are you? A Vampire?" and then I was like "Don't tell ANYONE!, Got it?" my tone was sharp. "Alright,Alright, who is that" she had said pointing to Daliah I had explained to her that Daliah was one of my vampire friends.... My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Lacy yelling in to my ears " Alissa, Alissa, I'm in, Mr.Khan told me to audition for the part of Audrey Hepburn and I'm her!!!"She was spilling out tears madly. I suddenly felt a buzz in my pocket, it was a text from Mom: ALISSA, COME HOME NOW,WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU MOM,



. "Lacy, I am so happy for you and wish I could stay more but my mom texted me and I have to go home..." I said. "its ok, everything is fine!!". I ran to my house and slammed thought the door, "Alissa, honey, we have something to tell you." Mom said "Have a seat" I sat down "Alissa, Dear...... We're Divorcing." Dad said to me "What?! This has to be a Prank'd joke," I exclaimed. "We are serious, Alissa" said Mom " Your Dad and I have been fighting to much and I'm also re-marrying in a few months after all the paperwork has been filled." "No! Where will I live? What's going to happen to me? "You'll live with Charlie and me and you will go to London every summer for the entire summer until you're 17". "Wait a minute, I have a few more questions to ask! Who's Charlie and what will happen to Puff? I asked nervously... Mom answered " Charlie is your Step-Father and Puff will stay with you here in L.A.". "When will I meet this "Charlie" Guy?" Tonight" my mother said " We will be going out for dinner at "Le Grand Palais" Fighting back tears, I screamed "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS? I ran to my room, Puff in arms and flung on my bed crying and looking worse than Stephanie Maurice, the ugliest girl in school. I cried and cried but I finally got over it and changed into my fanciest dress-a knee length peach cocktail dress and black wedges with my best sparkly diamond earrings and get out my make-up set. I put on pinkish eyeshadow, black eyeliner, blush and some light lip liner with some nice pinkish lipstick and some nice Very Cherry Berry lipgloss and I went down stairs and I forgot all about my father and I left with Mom to meet Charlie at Le Grand Palais...



 "So Alissa, I'm getting you a sewing machine and you get to design my wedding dress and the colors of the hall will be Lavender and White and we might have to go shopping or do you want to make your Maid of Honor dress...?". Thank goodness Le Grand Palais is a few minutes from home…. "Charlie!" Mom said as she came out of the car and kissed him.. "Hi, Alissa!" Charlie said to me. "Hi, Charlie." I said back to him.. He gave me a big hug... We went in.. "So,Alissa your mother told me that you are the Vice President of Santa Monica ?" Charlie said to me. "Um..Yeah that's right.". We ordered our meals, I ordered the butternut squash soup and some bread because I knew Charlie was paying for the meal and not Mom so this time I kept it light... When the meal was got over Charlie dropped us home and Mom kissed him again on the porch steps and I went in running up to my bedroom and greeting Puff in kisses and I jumped on the bed like there was no tomorrow and for the first time ever I dreamt of Brad Martin.. The first thing I saw when I went to school the next morning with Veronica was him.. 




 "Hey,Alissa!" her shouted "You dropped your Bracelet yesterday" "Thank You" I said stiffly and I ran away to Science laughing with Veronica , the rest of Science was disgusting because we had to Dissect Frogs and My partner-unfortunately- was Stephanie Maurice. The reason she was so ugly is because she has uncountable pimples, and headgear and worst of all..Mom Jeans, everyone shudders at the thought... "Alright,Alissa, so I think we should start with the brain and go down" she said in a high squeaky voice, I never ever want to ever touch a brain, but that's exactly what Stephanie does. Bringgggg, I run out of the class and to the Cafeteria because it's time for Lunch, I meet Veronica at the assemble your own salad station where she is assembling her "Creations". It's in Headlines,"Veronica Miller! Salad Artist!" "Hey Alissa" she says," Hey Veronica" We sat down at One of the Lunch tables, " My Parents are getting divorced." I blurted out "Oh No! That's Horrible!" said Veronica, a pleat of sadness on her face. "The only sucky part is that for summer I have to go to his stupid wedding" I said groaning " Well.." she said "Where will he live?" " There is a tiny upside to that, He's living in England and I get to bring one friend along.." "Who should I bring? Alicia?Kirsten? Alison? Lacy?" i said mockingly, reciting a few of our other friends names. "Pick Me! Pick me!" Veronica said.



 My voice low, I whispered to her. "I need to get to my Locker, Now!". We rushed to my locker without the lunch supervisors looking and I grabbed a bottle of BloodLa and downed it as fast as I could. Once I was done, I let out a horrendous burp."I knew it!" I heard Mrs.Tralfager shout, Mrs.Tralfager is our cranky old math teacher. She caught our Aritzia Hoodies and Towed us towards Principal Hutchings's Office. She poked her head into the door,"These two were skipping Lunch" her nasty voice said. " Ok, Bring them in Betty." .. She closed the door behind us. "Alissa, Dear, I know why you skip lunch." Horrified that she would figure out my secret, I ommited a squeak." W-why?" I was horrified when she turned into a bat." Your One too?" " Yes, Dear..I know everything." Veronica ommited a squeak," Are we still getting Detention? Alissa was just going to get a bottle of BloodLa." She shooed us out of her office with an explanation for Mrs.Tralfager that I was sick and had to take my medicine. We walked out of the office, terrified on what we had seen almost minutes ago."I wonder if Lacy is a Vampire?" I said out loud.. The day passed by so quickly and My Dad had left to England so Charlie moved in with us..



 My key jiggled in the hole " I'm home!" I shouted, I ran upstairs, greeting Puff with a belly rub, and I grabbed my MacBook air and settled in my Papasan from Pier 1 imports.. I go to my favorite search engine and type in a few words on cooking.. I cook the family meal on Thursdays, I found a recipe, Chicken Lasagna. I slide down the banister greeting Charlie, "Hey Charlie" I said " Welcome home from school Kiddo, What's on the menu for tonight?" " Chicken Lasagna." I skip down to the kitchen blasting 108.3 Her Radio. I start whisking and then get a call, It's Veronica, "Hey" I say, " Hi!" she replies, She sounds giddy " Guess which grade is going to NYC ?" I sighed, " Lemme Guess, The 9th Graders? It really dosent matter of Lizzy goes, You still won't get a souvenir." I hung up but Veronica called back. "No silly, The Grade 8ths are at the end of the month for a week or two." She hung up this time. I ran up again to IM Lacy. Alisssa: Did u hear about the trip 2 NYC?? She responded almost three seconds after. Lilacs4Lacy: Ya, Meet me by the park @ 7:30 and IM Kirsten & Leesh.. Alisssa: Meet me @ Park @ 7:30. Redddd: KK. I IM'd Alicia Last. Alissssa: Meet me @Park @ 7:30. HollaGurrl: Fwine. I ran downstairs hoping to not burn the food. Charlie Had Saved my food from peril. "Oh, Charlie! Thank You!" I Said, Giving him a hug

No comments:

Post a Comment